zondag 30 juni 2013

V&R Couture 2.0

I couldn't be happier when I heard that Viktor & Rolf make their couture comeback! It's been 13 years since they last created a couture collection.
They've been a huge inspiration for me ever since I became interested in fashion and have been following them from the beginning.
I have to say that I think they lost their magic the last few years. Viktor Horsting gives an explanation: 'At one point there was a feeling as if we were trying to communicate two messages in the same show and for us it didn't really work anymore. The last shows were more realistic, more pret-a-porter. But fashion is much more than that, our twenty-year anniversary is a great opportunity to make couture again. We want to see a different side of fashion. Fashion as a laboratory.'
Sounds promising to me :-)

First Couture Collection, SS1998

Atomic Bomb, AW1998

One Woman Show, AW2003

Flowerbomb, SS2005

Bedtime Story, AW2005

Silver, AW2006

The Fashion Show, AW2007

Harlequin, SS2008

NO, AW2008

Credit Edge Couture, SS2010

Viktor & Rolf will present their collection on July 3

2 opmerkingen:

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I would love to read what you think about it. So, please comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails